SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Receive samples for Chemistry and Micro departments and log them into the Bluephire LIMS system.
- Manager of Client Services or Technical Client Manager
- Receives samples
- Log samples into Bluephire LIMS
- Email clients confirming receipt of samples
- Notify Laboratory of incoming rushes
- Receive chemical, reagents and other lab supplies and log into Bluephire LIMS as well as Inventory management
- Reviews documentation to ensure that all paperwork is properly filled out (report to info, Invoice to info, lot number verification, etc.)
- Login controlled substances immediately upon receipt. Notify appropriate lab personnel to secure samples in the safe
- Contact clients if required above information is missing or inaccurate
- Follow-up with clients daily on pending items
- Add data sets to assignments when all information is present
- If tests/methods/specifications are missing, forward to department review
- Responsible for placing samples in designated temperatures controlled locations or refrigerators
- Back up for Department Review, when applicable
- Support Department Review for shipping samples to other laboratories
- At all times, complies with SGS code of integrity and professional conduct
- Document activities in accordance with cGMP
- Maintains orderly work area
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific or Technical area.
- Must be detail oriented and posses solid computer skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- General knowledge of chemistry and/or microbiology and knowledge of various analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Works well under pressure.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- This job is performed in an indoor temperature controlled environment.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Job requires mobility through laboratory spaces. Must be capable of working at a desk and computer for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours in a given day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.