SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Logistical Planning Specialist performs a variety of account management activities in accordance with SGS procedures and processes and accreditation requirements to ensure all customer contracts are administered to meet customers’ needs and expectations and deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Day to day operational management of the SGS service support functions including the management of efficiency of certification administration from scheduling, auditing, package reception, checking, logging information, issuing of certificate.
- Determine and execute work schedules for Full-Time Auditors and Product Managers to ensure that schedules are fully allocated within the scheduling system and that required utilization rates are being met. Work with sub-contract Auditors to ensure that schedules are reflected in the scheduling system.
- Improve effectiveness & efficiencies in auditor’s schedules
- Ensure operational KPI’s are achieved and ultimately ensure the timely release of the certificates upon certification.
- Ensure that customer files are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures and processes.
- Ensure that Auditors are provided with the necessary audit pack documentation, as well as any other information and/or materials needed prior to the performance of their tasks.
- Proactively communicate with the Director of Operations to assure that they are aware of any issues and recommendations for improvement and/or resolution.
- Schedule customer audits within timelines associated with the certification cycle and in time to allow recertification to occur prior to the certification expiring.
- Conduct administration reviews on the audit reports in a timely manner and submit required audit report documents to Technical for review and certificate decision for initial and renewal certifications.
- Review previous certification cycle to determine allocation of days and site to be sampled for renewal audits and next certification cycle.
- Maintain and prepare documentation such as reports, invoice forms, etc. in addition to audit records, electronic files, Certnet entries and other databases as required for assigned customers.
- Assist in scheduling, coordinating and preparing auditor activities such as meetings, luncheons, vacations and travel as necessary.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in operations, logistics, and/or Customer Account Management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, external customers and / or the general public; that demonstrates sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the online employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.