Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Analyzes, organizes, plans and administers various phases of day-to-day warehousing, provisioning, kitting, acquisition, inventory management or maintenance/repair activities for specific portions of projects/programs. Meets all the requirements of the Logistician I.
- Performs a variety of logistics functions in support of the client which may include acquisitioning, provisioning, warehousing, disposal, maintenance and kitting business processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of import and export customs to exercise procedures and controls. Prepares import and export documentation as required.
- Performs technical tasks on assigned projects with responsibility for quality and cost control. Identifies potential problems and develops/communicates possible solutions to appropriate staff/departments.
- Prepares written proposals and reports of work.
- Plans and coordinates logistics operations between warehouses and designated facilities/units to ensure timely and accurate receipt of materials, spares, equipment, etc.
- Enhances workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that optimize distribution and inventory of equipment, parts and supplies.
- Reviews logistics procedures, recommending improvements to maximize client satisfaction and minimize costs.
- Monitors and updates logistics applications, databases and/or websites related to warehouse management, inventory management, maintenance management, distribution management and asset management to ensure reliability, availability and accuracy of information.
- Maintains effective working relationships with peers, technicians, clients and management.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience in a logistics discipline. Equivalent years of related experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures within the field of logistics is required.
- An understanding of modes of shipping, planning movements and transportation providers is necessary.
- May be required to secure or maintain a DoD security clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers