Logistics Operations Supervisor
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB continues to invest in new equipment and expansion at the Hackettstown, NJ site. Come be a part of the growth! ABB Hackettstown is hiring a 1st shift Supervisor at our manufacturing facility.
ABB is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering.
As Supervisor, you’ll lead a team of 20-30 employees. You’ll be accountable for establishing work schedules, meeting productivity and quality targets, continuous improvement activities and controlling the flow of production in your assigned department to meet our customer service targets.
- Lead and coordinate activities of all assigned department employees
- Ensure your team’s satisfactory quality and quantity of work
- Control the flow of production, manage costs and hours, establish schedules, and write required status reports and records
- Work collaboratively with your Supervisory Team peers, Health and Safety, and HR in developing, improving, and delivering safety, skills, and quality training programs for plant employees
- Ensure consistent treatment of all employees under your supervision
- Account for efficiency and productivity levels to meet corporate objectives
- Report to Manager on general progress of daily production, shipments and areas of concern
- Coordinate and communicate production priorities and employee availability plans with other shift supervisors
- Maintain adequate backlog in advance of operations supervised to achieve quotas and smooth production flow
- Work with Maintenance Department to coordinate repair and maintenance in accordance with production requirements
- Consult with internal customers daily to ensure early detection of potential areas of concern
- Supervise the safe and efficient operation of all units in the department under direction of the Manager in accordance with departmental objectives and operating plans
- Ensure that all employees comply with policies and regulations according to safety, ISO, OSHA and any applicable Company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 5 or more years of Logistics, manufacturing operations, or materials management supervisory experience
- Must have proven supervisory and team leadership skills with ability to train, coach, and motivate employees
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have solid computer skills proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in production planning & scheduling, lean manufacturing, and continuous process improvement is a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.