Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery. The Loss Prevention Coordinator supports the Loss Prevention Team by identifying and managing delivery related freight claims, while minimizing losses and driving solutions to prevent future occurrences. This position involves a high level of interaction with a variety of cross divisional departments and vendor partners at all levels, to include Sales, customers and trucking companies. This role assists with resolving product related issues as they arise, with a focus on determining the best course of action necessary which optimizes service levels and profitability.
Please Note: Hours are 9am-6pm (Monday- Friday)Core Responsibilities
- Review daily Over, Short & Damaged (OS&D) occurrences to include refused product, quantity discrepancies, quality related exceptions and claims against contract carriers.
- Compile daily Claims report as requested.
- Continuous review of daily duties to ensure outstanding issues are resolved per departmental requirements.
- Adheres to departmental policies, and communicates with various internal and external contacts to emphasize departmental and company expectations.
- Diligently works with team to determine root cause and corrective action related to delivery related discrepancies.
- Process appropriate adjustment types to company inventory and customer accounts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Prior food industry or retail experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and set goals.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits