Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Base: $14.50 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
5701 S. Wood St.
Chicago, Il 60636
The position performs more simple and routine repairs of buildings and maintains adjacent grounds through the use of proper methods and materials in caring for the program or facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cuts grass, trims hedges, shovels snow, sweeps and cleans walks as well as assisting in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
- Delivers supplies and runs simple errands.
- Performs general maintenance such as making simple repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Evaluates and coordinates minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and equipment and unloading and storing supplies.
- Performs routine custodial duties in the building including cleaning latrines, stripping and waxing floors, emptying trash, restocking paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Repairs doors and furnishings. Paints, patching and points walss as needed.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance such as changing oil, checking tires, belts, and hoses.
- Maintains all related grounds keeping equipment including mowers, weed trimmers, rakes, and snow removal equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair, and testing of the standby generators.
- Maintains records of purchases, work orders, and time schedules.
- Keeps maintenance records and requisitions.
- Assesses needs and advises appropriate manager of non-routine or major repairs or problems.
- Contact and coordinate repairs with vendors.
- Inspect all fine equipment monthly and documents results.
- Be on call after hours for non-emergency and emergency maintenance situations.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Supports the Company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.