The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 17 industry leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, lead our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, LXR Hotels and Resorts, Motto, Signia, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
What will I be doing?
Are you a current MBA student and are interested in a corporate experience? If so, we would love for you to embark on a 10-week internship beginning each June at our Corporate offices. During this summer internship, MBA students will have designated projects that support ongoing business needs and key strategic initiatives, from initiation to execution. Projects will vary, but typically include the development of a global strategy, planning entry into new markets, the creation of digital roadmaps, customer segmentation, or new brand development. In addition, the intern will conduct analyses, identify insights, develop recommendations and prepare presentations. Interns will also be exposed to multiple business functions and senior leadership across the organization.
The internship will begin in June and end in August. Students will work full-time during the 10 week program in one of our many business functions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the chance to create branding improvements. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well-organized and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess positive energy and drive
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present and engage directly with senior leadership
- Collaborative teammates who love to build consensus & relationships across all levels
- Strong analytical abilities, project management skills, significant written presentation experience; primary research skills, and past strategy work
- Contributes to process improvements, as well as has confidence with making recommendations and offering perspective
- Build and maintain productive relationships with senior leaders and mid-level key partners across the organization in order to understand their objectives/strategies and align with their needs
- Influence department team members and key partners and contacts in multiple areas to accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics, and leadership
- Problem solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate MBA program
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as navigating the internet
- Experience analyzing financial, statistical and/or performance data
- Expertise in business mathematics, including calculating percentage changes, averages and weighted averages
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel, including understanding and manipulating basic spreadsheets
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams to get positive results
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!