Facility: SOUTH BAY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that smaller multiple facilities or a larger complex facility have their physical structure and plant maintained and repaired in a timely and cost efficient manner. In addition, this position supervises a maintenance staff or outside construction vendors who perform remodeling, additions, maintenance service, and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, janitorial, general grounds, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, security, and electrical systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with Corporate Project Development team and manages construction or remodeling programs to ensure work is completed in a timely manner. Ensures that all necessary permits are obtained before projects start. Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards. Authorizes payment for completed work.
- Develops and maintains maintenance budgets and costs. Notifies management when facility maintenance costs are not following budget detail.
- Reviews production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements to ensure projects and work orders completion within appropriate deadlines.
- Establishes, prioritizes, and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Monitors Building Automation Systems (BAS). Reviews, records, and analyzes energy usage and costs. Determines if there are better cost effective approaches to reduce cost and energy usage.
- Directs workers engaged in maintaining the facility’s physical structure including plumbing, carpentry; painting; plastering; machine servicing; janitorial; general grounds; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; security; and electrical systems.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities including mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Directs workers assisting other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies needed to effectively maintain and operate the facility.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase work efficiency.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- May perform maintenance work, but only temporarily or in an emergency.
- May supervise inmates/detainees receiving training in maintenance skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.