Facility: SOUTHEAST TEXAS TRANSITIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $13.04
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control of resident offenders of a facility, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the resident offenders in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors offender movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, med room, housing dorm, perimeter security, transportation, work details, reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on resident offenders.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to resident offenders in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards.
- Performs security operation duties for any shift as defined by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.