Under the supervision of the station manager or duty manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees on assigned shifts to ensure that the daily activities are performed safely and efficiently, while also servicing the aircraft to achieve on-time departures.
• Supervises and coordinates daily activities of employees to ensure a safe and effective operation.
• Monitors and enforces safe working habits in accordance with OSHA/TSA/DOT/USPS regulations, DGS policies and safety procedures, and all applicable laws.
• Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
• Enforces Company policies and procedures, including disciplinary action, and promotes DGS policies on Equal Employment Opportunity, Professional Conduct, and diversity initiatives and investigates and responds to employee relations issues in a timely manner.
• Communicates with Manager concerning any problems or issues.
• Schedules and conducts shift meetings.
• Trains, coaches, counsels and mentors employees in compliance with DGS policies, procedures and practices.
• Assists in the administration of payroll; completes shift paperwork and performs other administrative functions.
• Performs job duties of assigned shift (i.e., ramp, cabin service, cargo, baggage, passenger service).
• All other duties as assigned.
To see a ‘Day in a life of a Supervisor’ click the link below.https://youtu.be/SKKaLhQxMUs
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.