Is responsible to the section or shift supervisor and provides precise and accurate laboratory test results in a manner consistent with Laboratory and Hospital Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
- MT or MLT (ASCP) or eligible. If eligible, licensure must be obtained within one year of hire date.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
- One year of clinical experience desired.
- Specialized Training
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.