MVD Assembler 2
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and soft starters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
The role reports to the System Drives Production Manager and is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a MVD Assembler 2, you will be responsible to building the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, meeting company production standards, and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assemble products, following Engineering documents, ensuring the highest quality products, meeting company product standards, production goals, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Determine wire routing, cut, strip, label, crimp and terminate wire and secure bundles in accordance with engineering documentation.
- Operate computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs.
- Assist in the training of other employees, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Continually monitor quality of parts used in the assembly process.
- Layout cabinets, determining locations of components, wire and duct runs.
- Select proper hardware, and as necessary, drill, tap, punch, cut to mount components in cabinets and on panels.
- Perform material handling activities as required.
- Review assembly processes and methods and recommend changes to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of productivity and quality.
- Interface with engineering to accurately communicate information.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, reject tickets, etc.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Follow and comply with all environmental, health & safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of Two (2) years of related experience highly preferred.
- Ability to delegate simple work assignments to employees.
- The ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics, mechanical drawings.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.