This position requires the ability to calculate, weigh and reconcile oils according to batch cards for the purpose of staging the products to be blended. Additionally, this position requires HACCP Monitored Training.
The employee must ensure all of production, quality and safety standards are followed at all times.Core Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for safe operation of production equipment in the Blending area. Will provide materials in a safe manner and in accordance with production schedules and Batch Cards in order to meet the customers’ expectations. Follows Safety and Quality Assurance rules and procedures.
- Pre-weigh oils precisely according to batch cards
- Follow GMP’s
- Operate scanners correctly
- Assure lot control on batch cards
- Follow allergen control procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Experience in Food Industry is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to work from written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to perform basic math equations for precision measurements
- Ability to accurately read and understand batch cards with training
- Ability to follow Food Safety and Quality requirements
- Ability to follow safety rules and requirements when working in dangerous areas or with power equipment
- Ability to use safety knife that will be provided by the company
- Must be certified to use electric Walkie (the Company will provide training for certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of 50lbs
- Must be able to go up and downstairs if required
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, push or pull
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits