Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
WE ARE A NICOTINE-FREE AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
New manufacturing cell is getting ready to start - will be fast paced, small orders with multiple things different each and every day.
The successful job candidate will set-up and run multiple machines/manufacturing processes of diverse functions. Has advanced manufacturing/quality knowledge. Uses own judgement to adjust and/or set-up a machine/manufacturing process producing a quality part in a timely manner. Is familiar with and uses dispatch list at floor management direction. Possesses highest level of flexibility, skill and experience operating a variety of machine/manufacturing processes. Flexible and works effectively as a member of a work team. Communicates and works effectively as a team member across functions. Cross-trains and assists co-workers in cross-training.
- 1. Reviews work instructions and blueprints to determine job specifications, machine adjustments, and material requirements.
- 2. Documents work using manufacturing system.
- 3. Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining and/or set-up.
- 4. Operates machine tools and examines standards or previously used dies, tools and jigs for construction and function of parts.
- 5. Ensures wastes are disposed of properly and that scrap is minimized.
- 6. Analyzes and determines corrections in chemical solutions in washing or plating parts, if necessary. Implements and responds to spills, hazards and other HAZMAT conditions.
- 7. Uses dial calipers, snap gauges or micrometers.
- 8. Performs machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces per work instructions.
- 9. Stacks, marks, packs, and transports finished work pieces.
- 10. Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic Qualifications: High school graduate or GED required. Three or more years of experience and/or related training preferred.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret more extensive technical instructions in diagram form and deal with more abstract and concrete variables.
- Manual dexterity and mechanically inclined.
- Capable of training co-workers.
- Able to follow quality plans and work instructions.
- Uses a variety of common machine tools and gauges, calipers, etc.
- Reads blueprints.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.