Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must utilize the SCORE program and actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures
- Will order all material necessary to manufacture and package the appropriate product
- Will load and change raw materials
- Will troubleshoot and maintain the machine
- Must maintain the proper levels of hotmelt, polymer and fragrance as applicable to the machine
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as well as keep equipment and materials neat and orderly and in their proper place
- Will perform and document quality and processing audits
- Will initiate, maintain and complete all required paperwork for this position
- Will update BPCS with production and downtime data as required
- Will be required to conduct inspections such as unlabeled containers and guarding, quality controls, cycle counts, etc.
- Must meet production and quality standards on a consistent basis
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or training preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.