ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
WE ARE A NICOTINE-FREE AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
New manufacturing cell is getting ready to start - will be fast paced, small orders with multiple things different each and every day.
The successful job candidate will operate multiple machines/manufacturing processes of diverse functions.
The Machine Operator initiates machine cycles/ manufacturing processes.
- - Must meet or exceed company requirements for safety
- - Must complete all required mandatory Safety, OSHA, and ISO 9001 training
- - Reads work instructions to determine job specifications, machine adjustments, and material requirements
- - Operator runs only one type of machine/ manufacturing process
- - Operator cannot make any adjustments to a machine/manufacturing process unless instructed to do so by floor management
- - Learns to follow quality plans, read and apply work instructions, and blueprints to determine job specifications and material requirements
- - Documents work completed using manufacturing system
- - Positions work piece against stops, or aligns layout marks with die or blade
- - Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine
- - Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
- - Learns to measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation using dial calipers, snap gauges or micrometers
- - Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces per work instructions
- - Stacks, marks, packs, and transports finished work pieces
- - Recognizes HAZMAT conditions, where necessary
- - Other duties may be assigned
- Basic Qualifications:
- - High School Diploma or GED
- - Previous manufacturing experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 6th grade English level, including:
- - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- - Ability to write simple correspondence
- - Basic English communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) to be able to communicate and discuss with English speaking internal and external customers
- - Basic understanding of computer based machine controls
- - Basic manufacturing/quality knowledge
- - Ability to use simple measuring devices
- - Ability to follow quality plans and work instructions
- - Ability to use common tools of machine operations
- - Manual dexterity and mechanically inclined
- - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- - Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- - Deal with problem involving a few concrete variables
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.