Job Title: Machine Tender
Department: CNC Lathe / Mill
Reports To: CNC Lathe / Mill Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Objective: Responsible for preparing material to run in a machines in a uniform manner. Removes material after it's been loaded and ran. Tends equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to start machines and load and unload material or parts into machine and equipment.
- Inspect materials and products for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Identify and mark material, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work such as routing sheet, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, programmers or others to resolve material or machining issues.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
- Deburr and finish parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to follow written / verbal instructions with limited supervision to operate equipment.
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to run manual equipment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with co-workers, supervision, and other employees within the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate dimensions. Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Needs to interpret written and verbal instructions including the use of diagrams or schedules.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include ability to frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally be able to lift up to 50 lbs, standing for long periods of time, able to lean and have dexterity to handle tools and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position also requires occasionally sitting, stooping, kneeling. Need ability to hear and be aware of surrounding area. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Basic math, measuring and reading skills
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification
Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free work environment
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
Planning and Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.