Barnes Group Inc. – Barnes Aerospace, Ogden Division has an exciting career opportunity for a Machinist to play an integral role in manufacturing operations. The right candidates should be self-driven with a safety and quality mind-set. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this position may be of special interest to you.
Training will be provided to the selected candidate. Entry level candidates with the right qualifications are encouraged to apply!
- Set up and operate, simultaneously, a broad range of machining operations, including, milling, drilling, boring, sawing, tapping and grinding to close tolerances according to customer specifications.
- Sets up and operates, simultaneously, a broad range of machines including CNC Mills, & lathes.
- Operate a variety of machines, such as CNC lathes, mills, grinders & other specialized CNC and manual equipment in various stages of production.
- Use calibrated tools and measuring devices to ensure parts meet customer specifications.
- Complete required paperwork and checklists.
- Interfaces with toolmakers, engineers, program managers and quality personnel to resolve problems and ensure that parts are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Perform work with a high degree of responsibility with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- 1-3 years of experience as a machinist is required.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand GD&T.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve various tooling and machining problems to ensure all parts and pieces are processed correctly.
- Ability to use hand tools, such as grinders, belt sanders, band saws and drill presses preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn and retain new skills.
- Compliance with general attendance standards is required.
- Capable of reading and understanding written instructions, procedures, safety rules and operating instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Additional technical training or education desirable.
- 2nd shift (swing shift) employees receive a 12% shift premium.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)