- Operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments for the aerospace industry.
- Perform complex and unusual “new” jobs with minimal supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments. Perform machining operations for the purpose of setting production standards.
- Must have the ability to meet and exceed targeted production goals.
- Practices safe work habits, maintains clean working environment, and performs routine preventative maintenance and other duties as directed
- Must continually build technical skills in area of expertise which is required to aid the facility in meeting Division targets and goals.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3 – 5 years work experience as a machinist is required, preferably in aerospace.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work from operation sheets so that parts can successfully flow through the manufacturing process.
- Good understanding of GD&T
- Ability to set up and simultaneously operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. Maintain awareness of approximate completion times of jobs on machines and begin preparation for subsequent job setups to ensure continual machine usage.
- Ability to select the proper cutting tools and use the correct feeds and speeds to correctly machine the parts.
- Strong ability to understand shop mathematics and correct gauging to inspect parts using standard measuring devices prior to going to inspection.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve various tooling and machining problems to ensure all parts and pieces are processed correctly.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, principles and operations.
- High mechanical ability, people skills, willingness to learn, lead, and adapt with technology.
- Possess high integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates intermediate computer skills.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment. Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
- Good understanding of G and M codes.
- Must be dedicated to working safely.
- High School Diploma or GED required
Machinist certification or equivalent experience