Barnes Aerospace West Chester OEM division is seeking a CNC Machinist. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner with attention to detail and strong analytical/problem solving skills. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Must be able to read, interpret and integrate all processes to ensure consistent, capable parts are manufactured in a production environment.
- Must have the ability to make all types of required machine/process adjustments, off-sets, tooling, fixturing as well as the ability to set up machines which is required to run accurate first article inspections.
- Must have the ability to perform and complete first article inspections utilizing all shop gauging including applicable plate work and visual inspection of parts to ensure proper flow of the process. Assist others in parts inspection.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineering and other functions on processing issues and works as a team to develop a “capable” process to ensure all parts are processed per standards.
- Takes leadership role in troubleshooting variations in process and assists other machinists and operators in process problem solving to help facilitate a knowledge building and team environment.
- Must have the ability to meet and exceed targeted production goals.
- Practices safe work habits, maintains clean working environment, and performs routine preventative maintenance and other duties as directed by Team Leader.
- Must continually build technical skills in area of expertise which is required to aid the facility in meeting Division targets and goals.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and 5S.
- Drives process and lean improvements.
- Cross-training and other duties as required.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of machine shop experience. SEG experience preferred.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, principles and operations.
- Ability to read geometrical/dimensional mechanical drawings; use shop mathematics, handbook formulas, with a high competency in use of precision measuring instruments.
- High mechanical ability, people skills, willingness to learn, lead, adapt and change with technology.
- Knowledge of Deep Hole Drill, Super Finish, Manual Lathe, NL3000, Mill turn, Rough Lathe, Finish Lathe, Hone, Rework, Grind, Lathe, Okuma, Nakamura.
- Intermediate skills and knowledge of Master Cam.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Possess high integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to plan and perform unusual and difficult work processes.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels employees, customers and vendors.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment.
- Second Shift Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 4:00 pm - 2:30 am
- High school diploma or equivalent required.