- 2+ years machine shop experience with thorough knowledge of CNC Turning/Mill, machine shop practices, principles and operations.
- Ability to read geometrical / dimensional mechanical drawings; use shop mathematics, handbook formulas, competency in the use of precision measuring instruments.
- High mechanical ability and a quality mentality
- High School or equivalent education, willingness to learn, lead, adapt and change with technology
- Positive and cooperative attitude, flexibility in hours and consistency in attendance.
- Must meet or exceed all requirements of their relative job descriptions.
• Able to read, interpret, program and integrate all processes to ensure consistent, capable parts manufacturing in a production environment. Upload/download programs as necessary on CNC equipment.
• Make all types of required machine / process adjustments, off-sets, programming, tooling, fixturing, to program, set-up and maintain required manufacturing consistency per MOT and customer order specifications in a production environment.
• Quality delegation expanded to all measuring tools, includes ability to perform complete first articles utilizing all shop gaging including applicable plate work and visual inspection of parts. Assists other in parts inspection.
• Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineering and other functions on processing issues and works as a team to develop a “capable” process.
• Takes leadership role in trouble shooting variations in process and assists other machinist and operators in process problem solving.
• Meets and exceeds targeted production goals. Practices safe work habits, maintain clean working environment, and performs routine preventative maintenance and other duties as directed by Team Leader. Continuously builds technical skills in area of expertise.
• Perform other duties as required.
High School or its equivalent