- Bring parts to customer specifications by sawing, sanding with hand tools and machinery prior to inspection
- Responsible for the set-up, programming and running of short runs and tight tolerance work per station plan, standard work instructions and customer requirements.
- Will use micrometers, pie tapes, bar gauges, calipers, will operate an overhead crane and apply standard VTL and inspection practices.
- Required to inspect own work to customer requirements using standard inspection equipment.
- Responsible to bench parts using grinding and polishing equipment to meet the customer finish requirements.
- Will be required to keep the Barnes paperwork buyoffs in order and up to date to document work that is performed.
- Must take part in lean initiatives in the cell and take an active role with 6S assignments and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 – 3 years’ work experience as a machinist is required, preferably in aerospace.
- VTL experience preferred.
- Must possess machining certification or be working toward.
- Must be familiar with G&M codes
- Must be proficient in reading/understanding blue prints.
- Must be proficient in basic shop math and be familiar with trigonometry.
- Must be able to lift/carry/push /pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Must be dedicated to working safely.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Machinist certification or equivalent experience
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)