Maintenance Electrical and Controls Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
The role reports to the Maintenance Tool Room Manager NEMA and is located in St. Louis, Missouri. As a Maintenance Electrical and Controls Technician, you will be will working closely with all levels of the plant maintenance staff to achieve successful troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades to machine controls and electrical systems. Additionally, the Maintenance Controls and Electrical Technician will be responsible for providing production support in the form of automation and robotics troubleshooting and repairs.
Pay Range is: $27.79 - $31.85 per hour
2nd shift differential .54 cents per hour
3rd shift differential $1.08 per hour
Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Well-Being Program
- Repair, troubleshoot, upgrade machine control systems
- Develop and edit electrical schematics to reflect changes to machine control system
- Advanced PLC troubleshooting
- Advanced Human Machine Interface (HMI) troubleshooting
- Mechanical punch press controls troubleshooting and upgrading
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) programming
- Familiar with 120, 208, 230, 460-volt systems
- Diagnose root cause of electrical and control malfunctions
- Understanding of PID controls
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and fixes problems with the manufacturing control systems
- Provides training and education to personnel in the support of the control systems
- Performs equipment modifications and upgrades as needed
- Provide installation and support for all plant control systems
- Formal certification in Electrical trade through accredited trade school or college
- Accredited certifications in electrical/electronic repair
- 5 years of experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and building automated control systems
- Advanced Electrical troubleshooting required
- Networking experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of industrial electronics
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings as well as electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Experience with PLC programming required
- Track record of taking ownership of work and displaying strong customer focus
- Self-starter with the ability to establish, prioritize, and organize work tasks
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.