Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Cold End Maintenance and/or Supervisor, Finish is responsible for safe and efficient manufacturing and maintaining department equipment in a manner that provides for a sound quality product.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions especially for LockoutTagout, Chemical Handling, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of machines and mechanical principles involved in the repair and overhaul work, including timing, synchronizing, and aligning the mechanical action so that, under power, the assemblies are mechanically coordinated.
- Comply with safety policies and practices and participate in the plant Safety Program.
- Participates, collaborates and complies with all company maintenance programs and practices.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Provide accurate reporting of safety, production, efficiency, quality and potential problem areas to operate the department in an efficient and productive manner.
- Oversee all critical points of the process to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and all team members and equipment through daily maintenance, 5S, and housekeeping activities.
- Work with team members to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems.
- Make all necessary adjustments/repairs to equipment to maintain all safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Perform various jobs of responsibility on a rotational basis.
- Assist with new equipment installation, equipment overhauls and other projects as required.
- Support LSS (Lean Six Sigma) teams that will drive out waste and reduce operation costs.
- Shall understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP Principle and Food Safety Standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to teach, train and facilitate job tasks
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to read a blue print or interpret sketches.
- Able to use small hand tools and measuring devices.
- Intermediate math skills with the ability to divide in all units of measurement, compute rate, ratio and percent
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others with a positive “can do” attitude and maintain a safe, cohesive work environment
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years of mechanical experience
- Three years of experience in high volume manufacturing
- Professional certificate/license in industrial or mechanical skills
- Work experience in manufacturing
Site Specific Qualifications:
- Ability to work all shifts including rotating 8-hour shifts including weekends, holidays and overtime.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.