The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Performs repairs and troubleshooting on food processing equipment to include, but not limited to: stuffers, vacuum pumps, mixers, grinders, packaging machinery, conveyors, hydraulic units, multivacs, and ovens.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED and 3+ years’ experience in the maintenance field, required.
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may act as a lead by providing training and guidance to others in the Maintenance department.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits