Responsible for performing preventive maintenance of critical metal, plastic, and aluminum fabrication equipment on a predetermined schedule. This equipment can include but is not limited to turrets, lasers, press brakes, shears, punch presses, tool sharpeners, hardware insertion machines, manual welders, box welders, robot welders, spot welders, polishing and grinding machines, chillers, condensers, pumps, piping, dust collectors, mills, aluminum saws, plastic saws, drill presses, and overhead cranes. Performs a variety of tasks under general supervision, and reports to a Senior Maintenance Technician.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adheres and performs to established preventive maintenance schedules.
- Document all preventive maintenance performed on metal, aluminum, and plastic fabrication equipment.
- Monitor employees to make sure equipment is used properly and safely.
- Conduct weekly inspection of all machine guards to assure proper installation and functionality.
- Report immediately to Senior Maintenance Technician – Metal Fabrication, Metal Fabrication Supervisor, or Plant Manager any required major equipment repair or unsafe conditions to minimize equipment downtime.
- Responsible to immediately lockout any equipment deemed or suspected of being unsafe.
- Recommend parts to order and maintain an organized spare parts inventory for preventive maintenance tasks to minimize equipment downtime.
- Follows safe work habits, participates in POD Program, awareness and compliance with federal, state and company safety rules. Monitor and assure compliance with EPA and OSHA related safety codes and practices.
- Safely store all machine fluids; cleaning fluids, paints, etc. in designated storage areas or cabinets.
- Responsible for interior housekeeping in areas where preventive maintenance on equipment is performed.
- At all times demonstrate respect for all employees and display a positive attitude.
- Follow and promote federal, state and company safety rules, safe operating procedures/practices; monitor and assure compliance, guiding all employees to follow safety rules, procedures and practices
- Follow all ISO procedures and guidelines regarding preventive and periodic maintenance of equipment
- Active participation in ongoing individual training /development program(s)
- Set goals and objectives with Manager; look for ways to improve quality and productivity
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in Maintenance department and all areas where maintenance work has been performed
- Report abnormalities in equipment, machines, programs and processes, etc.
- Engage in cross-training and perform backup functions to other Maintenance team members and Supervisor as instructed.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Electrical Maintenance knowledge strongly preferred
- A minimum 1-2 years of machine maintenance experience
- Knowledgeable in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the preventive maintenance field.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated expertise in verbal and written communication skills.
- Must follow plant safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Must be flexible to adjust schedule when required.
- Must be flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to display strong customer service skills.
- Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Must possess positive, "can do" attitude; act as role model for others
- Including, but not limited to Assorted power tools, assorted hand tools, assorted measuring and calibration devices, drill press, bench grinder, angle grinder, tool sharpener, electric meters, solder gun, metal fabrication equipment, hydraulic lift, fork lift, pallet jack, power, personal computer, cell phones, and walkie-talkies.
- PC/Computer terminal; Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook; Vantage software
Temporary to Hire
Kenosha , WI
Please contact Elite at: 262-697-4284 for more info