What Facilities Management/Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Facilities Management/Maintenance is responsible for supporting the physical structure of a company facility.
The Maintenance Mechanic directly supports the production activity to minimize unplanned equipment down time. Performs routine and complex repair and maintenance on production equipment. Activities include trouble calls, preventative maintenance, equipment modifications, machine work, engineering support, equipment installation, equipment relocation, and maintaining a neat & orderly maintenance shop.
- Maintains production and non-production equipment and facilities.
- The manufacturing equipment consists of injection molding, blow molding, sheet extrusion, semi-automated, automated and manual assembly, sonic & spin welding, robotics equipment, automated vision systems, leak testing equipment, and numerous support equipment.
- This position is responsible for repairing defects in production equipment using the maintenance systems and best demonstrated practices.
- Makes mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs. Performs electrical and plumbing installations.
- Follows established preventative maintenance and work order procedures.
- Performs welding, brazing, and soldering in connection with maintenance duties.
- May train and provide work direction to other maintenance mechanics as needed.
- Trouble shoots for control / electrical failures and makes electrical repairs
- Troubleshooting and repair of automated control systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of various sensors associated with automated equipment -control systems including: magnetic, reed switches, Hall effect, limit switches, proximity sensors, retro-reflective photo eyes, non-reflective photo eyes, and fiber optic (monochromatic) sensors
- Functional understanding of programmable logic controllers and ladder logic
- High school degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in facility maintenance, operations and management field highly preferred
- Supervisor level experience able to lead multiple trade disciplines preferred
- Technical background in HVAC and control systems preferred
- PMMS (preventative maintenance management software) and BAS (building automation systems) preferred
- Communication and leadership skills, including the ability to coach and motivate employees
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.