Have a strong working knowledge and a high level of troubleshooting, diagnostic skill, for repair of metal fabrication equipment and other factory equipment. Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas directly related to metal fabrication. Responsible for performing preventive maintenance of critical metal fabrication equipment on a predetermined schedule. Coordinates scheduled maintenance with Production Planning to minimize production interruptions or delays. Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Knowledgeable in commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the metal fabrication maintenance field. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks under general supervision, and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
A mutually cooperative and respectful working relationship with employees, supervisors, and managers is critical to the overall success of the manufacturing operations and the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
- Assures all safety devices and safeguards are in place and fully operational.
- Monitor employees to make sure equipment is used properly and safely.
- Address production repairs immediately to minimize downtime.
- Responsible to immediately lockout any equipment deemed or suspected of being unsafe.
- May require the assistance of maintenance technicians or maintenance assistants under the direction of the Maintenance Manager. This includes regular hourly employees, temporary employees, and seasonal employees.
- Report immediately to Maintenance Manager or Director of Manufacturing any required major equipment repair or unsafe conditions. Maintain a follow-up procedure on all maintenance items.
- Follows safe work habits, participates in POD Program, awareness and compliance with federal, state and company safety rules. Monitor and assure compliance with EPA and OSHA related safety codes and practices.
- Follows all ISO procedures and guidelines in regard to preventive and periodic preventive maintenance of equipment.
– Updates central library of documentation, manuals and service performed for each Fabrication Track in the Metal Fabrication department. Document all maintenance performed on metal fabrication equipment per ISO and department procedures.
– Adheres to established PM (preventive maintenance) schedules. Monitor’s equipment operator’s adherence to minor scheduled PM tasks they are required to perform.
– Plan preventive maintenance and repair of equipment with the goal of maximizing runtime of fabrication equipment to meet schedule requirements.
– Keep respective department manager and supervisor informed of repair status and equipment condition.
- May order parts and maintain a spare parts inventory for wear items to minimize equipment downtime.
- Work from blueprints, wiring diagrams, specifications, maintenance work orders and verbal and written instructions.
- Report all maintenance work done in software to include parts used, work done, machine downtime, etc., in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, perform preventive maintenance, and repair a variety of production equipment: NC turret presses, laser, laser/punch, brake presses, roll former, punch presses, polisher, chillers/condensers, pumps, motors, dust collectors, kick presses, drill presses, spot welders, seam welder, shear, hardware insertion, riveters, robot welder, paint line equipment, assembly lines, packaging equipment, power hand tools, grinders, tool sharpener, slug conveyors, lift tables.
- Safely store all machine fluids; cleaning fluids, paints, etc. in designated storage areas or cabinets.
- Evaluate new equipment as required.
- Responsible for interior housekeeping in areas where maintenance on metal fabrication maintenance is performed.
- It is customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including nights and weekends, and during plant shutdown and overtime as required, to maintain equipment up time. Assigned to 24/7 emergency call-in team.
- At all times demonstrate respect for all employees and display a positive attitude.
- Active participation in ongoing individual training / development program.
- Set goals and objectives with Manager; look for ways to improve quality and productivity.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in work area.
- Follow safety rules and procedures.
- Report abnormalities in equipment, machines, programs, processes.
- Perform backup functions to other team members.
- Engage in cross-training to support backup efforts as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma, however a technical school graduate is preferred.
- A minimum five years of metal fabrication equipment maintenance experience is desired.
- Specific manufacturer training required for several models of turrets, lasers, press brakes, tool grinder, punch press, welder, and shear.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Understand metrics for the maintenance team and how we affect the efficiency goals for the production departments as well as the company as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as required to discuss training, general direction and other position-related tasks. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Familiar with metal fabricating Standard Operating Procedures and corporate specifications governing the operations of critical systems and lean manufacturing practices.
- Must be able to analyze and develop solutions to difficult mechanical and electrical problems.
- Must be able to solve maintenance-related problems for metal fabrication equipment.
- Must follow plant safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Must be flexible to adjust schedule when required and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to display strong customer service skills.
- Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Must possess positive, "can do" attitude; act as role model for others.
- Assorted power tools, assorted hand tools, assorted measuring and calibration devices, drill press, bench grinder, angle grinder, tool sharpener, electric meters, solder gun, hydraulic lift, fork lift, pallet jack, power, personal computer, cell phones, and walkie-talkies.