Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Must be available to work a 12-hour rotating shift from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
- Our Custom Packaging Plant, located on the west side of the city of Chicago, is looking for at least three (3) multi-tech maintenance technicians to work primarily on rotating evening and weekend shifts.
- An essential qualification for the position is previous experience in the printing industry and knowledge of offset printing equipment, sheeters, die cutters and carton gluers.
- Knowledge of robot programming would be a big plus.
Daily duties include
- Repairs of mechanical and electronic functions by following schematics, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, internal procedures, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Interfaces with outside technical support organizations to obtain information, procedures, technical documents, and verbal instructions needed to accelerate resolution to problems.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying failure root causes, recommending and implementing changes to equipment and procedures.
- Champions efforts to improve reliability and productivity through leadership and participation in formalized reliability improvement teams. Takes ownership for reliability improvement goals and leads others to achieve successful team results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs both verbally and using the company computer information systems.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Experience in Equipment and Facilities Maintenance with knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Troubleshooting, Mechanical repair and Building repair.
- Previous experience in the consumer packaging and printing industry a must.
- PLC controls and troubleshooting. PLC Programming skills a definite plus.
- Use of multi-meter, oscilloscope, amp probe, circuit tracers/toners. Understanding of the application of various sensors (optical, proximity, ultrasonic), understanding of encoders.
- AC and DC motors, and experience with the use and troubleshooting of servos, frequency drives, and stepping motors.
- Paper-waste recovery, baler, and cyclone systems.
- Installation and maintenance of AC power including panel boards, transformers, conduit installation, and wire sizes and ampacities.
- Use of machine tools: lathe, mill, grinder, drill press, welders (arc, gas, tig and/or mig).
- Ability to Analyze Schematics, Drawings and Diagrams, to understand functionality, and to repair or replace parts and assemblies as needed to meet specifications a definite plus.
- Competent in the use of computers and various programs including MS Word, and Excel..
- Must be available to work on of our12 hour rotating shift from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.