Performs unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the basic trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet operational standards. Assists more skilled staff in the completion of larger and more complex assignments. Duties may fall into a variety of trades areas, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and safety.Core Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assists with and learns to perform preventative maintenance for building systems, plumbing, (light bulb changes,), and mechanical systems including, pump and motors and conveyors. Teardown & set-up of all equipment (nightly).
- Assists with and learns the maintenance of induction, Booster and Vacuum Pumps, Conveyors, including serving, cleaning and inspecting all related equipment.
- Assists with and learns to repair facilities structures, systems and components, including performing minor repairs to building plumbing, low-voltage, and, door hardware.
- Assists with and learns to perform electronic recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that Maintenance department makes the most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems.
- Knows and understands all safety and safe quality food procedures related to maintenance operations.
- To complete established Preventative Maintenance duties on assigned equipment daily.
- To repair all equipment which could cause production down time or create a Safety Hazard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- While performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits