Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Production Development Manager and is located at Ormond Beach, Florida. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible to supports Production, Engineering and EHS by providing expertise, guidance and resources for Preventive Maintenance, Maintenance, Equipment related project implementation, safeguarding of equipment as well as supports the ISO system we have in place for Manufacturing, Environmental and EHS. A key component to success will be implementing and driving an effective PM program, recording and reporting key metrics tied to equipment performance.
- Provides leadership to maintenance team to ensure safe and efficient manufacturing operations.
- Provides detailed, timely communication to Production Manager, Quality Manager, Materials Manager and Plant Manager.
- Maintains a work order system with information for current production status.
- Ensures all production equipment is maintained in fully operational condition to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Responsible for control over monthly maintenance budget.
- Develops and maintains a preventive maintenance system and document and report monthly status against goal.
- Utilizes the principal of Total Productive Maintenance to improve equipment uptime and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Analyze and estimate cost on various maintenance and repair projects and initiate requisitions of all shop supplies and repair parts.
- Coordinates with EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Manager, Safety & Environmental Coordination, Production Supervisors, Production Manager and Plant Manager in implementation of safety. procedures and ensures equipment safety.
- Responsible for compliance and audit performance with ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards related to safety, environmental and manufacturing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance supervision in one or more of the following areas, CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milling equipment, Injection plastic or rubber molding, Metal extrusion process, Stamping or other metal forming process.
- 10 years of of experience in manufacturing maintenance supervision in one or more of the following areas, CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milling equipment, Injection plastic or rubber molding, Metal extrusion process, Stamping or other metal forming process.
- Holds team member safety and wellbeing paramount to all other activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team of technical experts to safely support present and future operations.
- Proven Experience in developing and implementing a preventive maintenance system and related metrics.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others towards a common set of objectives.
- Detail oriented, analytical and well organized.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office applications.
- Proven project management skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field preferred.
- Formal training and licensing in Electrical.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Cooling), PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Low voltage control systems.
- Training/certification in Lean Principles.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.