Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Manager Operations and located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Supervise Maintenance Technicians performing highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facilities equipment.
- Provide supervision for emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment as required.
- Understand mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to supervise required maintenance and service.
- Lead technicians on all three shifts to diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust.
- Direct the regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Comply with and enforce all safety regulations.
- Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel.
- Write maintenance PM’s in BUS.
- Write operator PM’s in Shop Floor Display.
- Control and direct all overtime.
- Comply with and enforce all plant rules.
- Under minimal supervision direct the DGV maintenance team to perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of DGV’s business goals and objectives.
- Drive the conversion of DGV maintenance department from reactive to predictive.
- Reinforce to the maintenance technicians that we are a support department here to support our customer the DGV production department.
- High school diploma and minimum 5 years of supervision experience OR
- Associates Degree and minimum 3 years of supervision experience OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1 year of supervision experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.