Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Directs and coordinates activities of vendors and workers engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment. Additionally, responsible for the maintenance of building, grounds, industrial equipment, and general operation of the facility.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance (PM) work to ensure that machines run efficiently and effectively.
- Inspects drives, motors, belts, fluids, filters, and related components.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them through the utilization of blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Manages maintenance work requests from production floor and determines appropriate priority of execution.
- Ensures team members comply with all safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Communicates to Production Supervisor and production team re: equipment downtime and estimated time needed to complete repairs.
- Confers with vendors, management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Lubricates and cleans parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Tests and adjusts equipment to meet performance specifications.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or Maintenance Electrician.
- Minimum of two years of experience troubleshooting complex production equipment.
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems, electrical systems, PLC’s, and measurement tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools to include the following: welding machines, cutting torches, and power tools including but not limited to: pipe or tube cutters, power drills, power saws, pullers, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, grinders, pry bars, hammers, punches, measuring devices, and chisels. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.