- Repairs and maintains all facility machinery and mechanical equipment through preventative maintenance.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors to initiate and implement equipment and facility repair on an as needed basis.
- Sets up and operates a lathe, drill press, grinder and other tools while utilizing analytical reasoning, problem solving skills to examine the form and texture of parts to repair and/or detect imperfections.
- Inspects, observes and examines mechanical devices in operation to determine root cause of problem and if necessary, dismantles or adjust devices to repair to specifications.
- Provides recommendations or modifications to processes and procedures and trains lower level maintenance mechanics in order to increase machine efficiency & up time.
- Prioritize daily activities to ensure completion of responsibilities and to keep the facility running.
- Adheres to required safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains all repair records for lift trucks and company vehicles.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the facility and equipment.
- Learn and adhere to required environmental standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, preferably in Aerospace.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical, machining, hydraulics, building maintenance,.
- Previous maintenance experience with industrial production systems, plumbing, control systems, welding, fabrication, and hydraulic systems preferred.
- Ability to operate a Drill Press, Power/Hand Tools, Measuring Equipment and Test Equipment such as a volt meter.
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressures while following direction and completing assignments accurately and on time.
- Basic computer skills and PLC knowledge.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of personnel.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Apprenticeship or Associates Degree preferred or certificate of training to demonstrate qualifications.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)