- Repairs and maintains all facility machinery and mechanical equipment through preventative maintenance.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors to initiate and implement equipment and facility repair on an as needed basis.
- Sets up and operates a lathe, drill press, grinder and other tools while utilizing analytical reasoning, problem solving skills to examine the form and texture of parts to repair and/or detect imperfections.
- Inspects, observes and examines mechanical devices in operation to determine root cause of problem and if necessary, dismantles or adjust devices to repair to specifications.
- Provides recommendations or modifications to processes and procedures and trains lower level maintenance mechanics in order to increase machine efficiency & up time.
- Prioritize daily activities to ensure completion of responsibilities and to keep the facility running.
- Adheres to required safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains all repair records for lift trucks and company vehicles.
- Performs preventative maintenance on the facility and equipment.
- Learn and adhere to required environmental standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical, machining, hydraulics, building maintenance,.
- Previous maintenance experience with industrial production systems, plumbing, control systems, welding, fabrication, and hydraulic systems preferred.
- Ability to operate a Drill Press, Power/Hand Tools, Measuring Equipment and Test Equipment such as a volt meter.
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressures while following direction and completing assignments accurately and on time.
- Basic computer skills and PLC knowledge.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of personnel.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Apprenticeship or Associates Degree preferred or certificate of training to demonstrate qualifications.