Maintenance Technician - Tool Room
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Maintenance Technician - Tool Room, you will be responsible for performing maintenance work in tool making.
- Maintain and repair progressive dies and metal forming equipment
- Troubleshoot die problems by observing defective parts or by observing dies operating in presses
- Make necessary improvements needed in tooling to make a part that is compliant to quality requirements
- Demonstrated ability to operate all Tool Room equipment (surface grinders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, manual tools etc.) without assistance as well as hand tools & measurement tools
- Build Fixtures from CAD drawings or handmade sketches as needed
- Repair Salvagnini and Trump tooling while maintaining spare parts inventory
- Modify Production Parts to print when needed
- Carry out engineering level changes to tools and modifications
- Maintain work center organization and safe work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a tool & die maker / tool maker in a manufacturing environment
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Tool & Die Maker certificate
- Familiarity with presses, automation and associated production equipment
- Must be able to work to blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions in a timely manner
- Experience with Tool Steels and their applications
- Participate actively in a team-oriented environment
- AutoCAD, Esprit CAM Software
- Creo 4
- Lean Manufacturing Skills
- Manufacturing plant environment sometimes requiring extended periods of sitting and extensive use of a computer or phone. May be required to travel up to 25% via airplanes and rental cars.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.