Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible to performing maintenance work including installation, modification and repair of building and facilities equipment such as lighting and related electrical and mechanical devices.
- Assist general maintenance employees with other repairs.
- Set up, try out, diagnose malfunctions and make repairs on most complex equipment.
- Use all electronic test equipment required to diagnose and maintain each system.
- Work with drawings, sketches and other written or verbal instructions, etc. keeping necessary records.
- Maintain work place and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Will be required to handle hazardous waste.
- Pipefitting and plumbing for various areas to include water, steam and air.
- Compressed air and electrical distribution repairs.
- Welding for product lines.
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Drive high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Escalate health, safety, environmental, and security concerns promptly.
- Follow all safety policies, guidelines and expectations when operating in day to day activities.
- Two-year technical associate’s degree or equivalent coursework (emphasis on electronics, electrical and hydraulics and maintenance) or equivalent work experience of a minimum of 2 years.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Must be able to read electrical diagrams.
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic prints for electronic equipment.
- Ability to isolate defective components in malfunctioning NC and hydraulic systems and repair these components (i.e., hydraulic valves, actuators, cylinders, PC cards to chip level) to return system to production with minimum delay.
- Experience in EHS or safety related issues pertaining to maintenance.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Prior experience in electrical wiring (24 to 460 volt) and hydraulic systems including machine repair experience required.
- Prior experience in material handling equipment (tow truck, pallet jack, forklift).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.