Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
WE ARE A TOBACCO-FREE AND DRUG FREE WORK LOCATION.
CURRENTLY OFFERING SIGN-ON BONUS OPPORTUNITY.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Ormond Beach, Florida. As a Maintenance Worker-2, you will be working under limited supervision and is knowledgeable in the repairs of industrial equipment including but not limited to hydraulic, pneumatic, air logic and/or electrical systems. Possesses basic troubleshooting skills for their related field and well versed in accepted industry standards of repairing industrial equipment.
- Follow instructions given by the maintenance supervisor or other assigned maintenance personnel.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs on industrial equipment.
- Possesses the ability to teach IMR 1 employees the basics in their related field of machine repair and troubleshooting techniques.
- Uses blueprints and schematics to make logical decisions for correct repair.
- Works and communicates effectively with interacting department personnel and with service technicians over the phone.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required and two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates ability to comprehend blueprints and schematics for purposes of decision making.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Must own hand tools and tool chest. As required in their position, company will provide work bench and selected specialty tools which will remain company property. Ability to interact and respond as a team member and to communicate effectively over the phone.
- Mechanical and/or electrical abilities must be satisfactorily demonstrated.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Good English communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) to be able to communicate and discuss with English speaking internal and external customers.
- Skill must be at a minimum of a 9th grade English level.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.