Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart, and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB Ability™ enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring, and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
The role reports to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Pinetop, North Carolina. As a Maintenance Worker, your role in production maintenance jobs ensure that production lines, equipment and tools are properly set up, calibrated, and maintained for high efficiency and minimum down time, to allow for proper execution of production plans and optimization of resources. The individual handles the installation, repair, and maintenance of pumps (vacuum, air, water, etc.) and all other electrical machinery.
- Executes the assigned work according to agreed workflows and in accordance with ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.
- Responds to emergencies/breakdowns. Reports for records all recurring problems with machinery, equipment and parts that can be identified and addressed.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with 5-S, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adheres to the health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives to ensure safety of people and resources.
- Requires an associate degree or diploma in a maintenance area such as industrial mechanic, electrical/electronic or equivalent education or a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to trouble shoot electrical/electronic equipment issues and have a understanding of PLC’s and how they operate.
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, models and oral or written instructions and to exercise judgment in determining techniques and methods to be used.
- Technical understanding and familiarity with power tools.
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office Products.
- Understanding a manufacturing environment and terminology.
- Strong sense of customer urgency.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn all positions.
- Required to wear steel toe safety shoes and safety glasses.
- A team player and work daily using ABB core values: “Respect, Responsibility and Determination”.
- ABB – 7 Step Electrical Program Certification.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.