With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Maintenance and Metrology Supervisor leads planning and execution of site maintenance and metrology activities for all the Equipment, Utilities, and other Facility aspects such as HVAC, Environmental Monitoring system, etc., in GMP and non GMP areas. Leads execution of routine operational support.
Key contributor and technical support in team activities associated with maintenance and metrology of the Cell and Gene Therapy Clinical Manufacturing Facility and R&D Laboratories.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Leads execution of maintenance and metrology work for equipment, utilities, and other facility aspects in CSL R&D laboratories and GMP Manufacturing Areas.
- Ensures all maintenance and metrology work (routine and non-routine) is carried out internally or by third party contractors according to approved procedures and safety guidelines (including site induction). Ensures that appropriate preventative maintenance and repairs to critical equipment, occurs in a timely manner.
- Leads scheduling and coordination of maintenance and metrology activities, between the responsible internal owners and the parties (vendors or internal support) performing the activities.
- Leads completion of the maintenance and metrology activities in the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Responsible for continuous improvement, optimization, long term planning and regulatory compliance of the site Maintenance and Metrology activities, including the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Performs and develops criticality assessments, sops and other GMP documentation associated with Maintenance and Metrology activities.
- Ensure assets in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) are maintained and accurate. Ensure maintenance work orders are completed per site procedures.
- Assist the troubleshooting of R&D non-GMP and GMP processes, equipment, utilities and other facility aspects. Where possible perform root cause analysis of breakdowns and implement proactive programs (eg reliability centered maintenance, operational excellence, six sigma) to minimize future downtime.
- Supports management in representing site maintenance and metrology, in internal and external (regulatory/vendor) inspections
- Supports the technical operations team in plant shutdowns, start-ups and maintenance interventions. Respond to in-hours and out-of-hours alarm calls. Occasionally assisting other team member (e.g. assisting in validation activities or cleaning scheduling).
- Leads execution of routine operational support for GMP Manufacturing areas and other laboratories. Operational support includes, but is not limited to, maintaining routine laboratory supplies, performing routine GMP Cleaning, monitoring utilities in all the areas, etc.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and optimization of operational support activities
- Supports management in development of annual forecasts and budgets for maintenance, metrology and operational support.
Education and Experience
Associate or bachelor’s degree (associated with electrical, mechanical, instrumentation or HVAC is preferred)
Certifications in Maintenance or metrology are a plus, Certification in SAP is a plus
At least Five (5) years industry (preferably in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or food industry) experience in facility maintenance and/or metrology with two years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with GMP Laboratory equipment, Utilities, maintenance, and metrology of Laboratory equipment.
- Experience with SAP or any other Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Strong leadership skills (organization, negotiation and influencing skills, priority setting, timely decision making)
- Problem solving abilities; analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Adapt to change. Must be flexible and able to change on short notice
Excellent interpersonal skills, (ability to build constructive relationships across all levels of the organization) positive and constructive attitude, desire, and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and ability to motivate and inspire his/her team members