***Final work location to be determined based on placement***
In the Management Development Program (MDP) at Hilton, we seek to select and develop the most talented and successful hospitality-focused students. During the program, applicants will have the opportunity to gain real world experience with the preeminent global hospitality company. Trainees will be placed within our managed portfolio of hotels where you will find incredible locations and supportive work environments to help jump-start your career at Hilton.
What will I be doing?
The Hilton MDP in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) is a comprehensive six-month learning opportunity designed to attract top hospitality students from key colleges and universities. Hilton CALA is focused on hiring graduating seniors and placing them in a successful management training program at the property level that can lead to long-term managerial job placement specific to Revenue Management, Finance, Food & Beverage, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Front Office, Housekeeping, and Engineering.
This hands-on program begins with a general rotation during the MDP's first 6 to 8 weeks on property. During this time, they are exposed to all areas of a hotel in order to develop a solid business insight and understanding of how these relate to their selected department. Following the general rotation, the next 9 to 24 weeks are focused primarily on developing manager capability and knowledge of their selected area of specialization.
This full-time paid training program begins in Summer or Fall and offers potential job placement opportunities at one of our participating CALA hotels upon successful completion.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytic skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to creatively identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or approaches to hard problems
- Creative thinker, who works seamlessly
- Displays a positive attitude, loves to get involved and help, and wants to learn
- Visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality
- Collaborative teamwork that brings to bear positive partnerships with vendors and hotel Team Members
- For internal candidates - you will need approval from your GM/HR Manager to apply for this program and will need to be in your current hotel or corporate position for a minimum of 12 months
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- College senior graduating in the Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 semesters, with a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in hospitality, business, or related field
- Internationally mobile and open to relocation within CALA
- Fluently speak, read, and write in English, and at least one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, or Dutch
- Experience within the hospitality industry in one or more of the following sectors: Finance, Revenue Management, Food & Beverage, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Front Office, Housekeeping or Engineering
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher (or equivalent)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!