Job Title: Manager, Black Belt
The Operations Improvement Group (OIG) is responsible for using data-driven techniques to drive process improvement in our Pharmaceutical DC Network:
- Metric performance tracking, analysis, and scorecarding
- Identification and replication of operations best practices/Operational Excellence
- Future state Lean Supply Chain Design Initiatives
- New acquisition integration and support
Within this team, the Manager, Black Belt is instrumental in driving change in how the network identifies problems, determines root cause, and implement solutions to service the Pharmaceutical Distribution (PD) network and external customers.
Responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout the PD value-stream through the utilization of contemporary problem solving tools and techniques.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and producing results for a function and/or business unit.
- Assesses current business performance against Cardinal Health's business strategy for a specific site and/or function.
- Develop metric and measurement processes to assess, improve, and monitor critical business and customer focused activities.
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners to synthesize findings, develop improvement recommendations and lead execution of initiatives.
- Collaborates with customers and suppliers on improvement projects.
- Comfortable with the DMAIC process.
- Leads Kaizen and Black Belt projects.
- Possesses or is enrolled as a Lean Leader and/or Black Belt.
- Mentors and trains Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts.
- Ability to leverage influential leadership skills and communications skills to be successful.
- 5-10 years of experience in an operations or project management environment
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- Black Belt Certification preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Able to establish meaningful relationships quickly
- Strong communication and influential leadership skills and a high level of comfort working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to self-serve data mining and analysis (SQL, deep Excel knowledge)
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.