Force and Motion Control – Industrial division, seeks a talented, self-driven and high- energy individual to serve as a Business Development Manager. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate, who will contribute as a member of sales team. This role will be responsible for navigating complex company organization structures and identify and contact decision makers in the Construction and Agriculture equipment industries. In addition, we are seeking a person with a sales “hunter” mentality and proven track record of generating profitable sales within the targeted industry. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of technology to interface remotely with customers and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
- Initiate contact with potential and current customers to generate and qualify leads, promote company’s products and services, identify & propose solutions that meet customer needs and secure new business.
- Research and qualify new business opportunities within our target industries following approved commercial excellence processes. This includes using Linked-In, marketing databases and traditional referrals to make connections, perform research and build relationships.
- Drive awareness of our product portfolio through digital presence and traditional customer site visits. Identify, follow up and secure current and future business, gain specifications for our products & secure orders.
- Expand relevance of FMC Industrial at assigned accounts and assigned product lines through bringing the breadth of our solutions to solve their pains.
- Responsible for documenting and securing new business and achieving sales and profit targets
- Promote Barnes Group values across the organization and conducts oneself in perfect alignment with same values.
- Performs all duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Minimum seven years of sales experience
- Minimum five years demonstrated success in technical sales and consultative problem solving with multiple value-added components and systems desired. Ability to understand written and verbal procedures, instructions and inquiries from customers.
- Ability to understand spring terminology and design, drawings, and specifications to effectively convey spring knowledge to customers.
- CRM platform Knowledge, preferred
- Strong analytical skills must have the ability to make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Strong PC aptitude in a Windows environment required; specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point). Ability to learn other software packages and maintain an awareness of technology advancements.
- Ability to interpret customers concept and make appropriate application suggestions
- B S. Degree in Business or Engineering or related discipline
- Combination of education and years of experience acceptable
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)