With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Business Operations Manager, helps the commercial organization in the management and tracking of key commercial initiatives and activities to help support the Seqirus influenza business. With the direction of the Sr Manager and/or project lead(s), the Project Manager will help build detailed project plans, which includes activities, timelines, ownership, cross-functional dependencies, and risk mitigation planning for assigned project(s). Additionally, the Project Manager will lead the regular tracking of tasks and critical paths activities, and reporting of project status and risks to the project lead.
- Facilitate development of detailed plans and develop integrated project plans (e.g., milestones, detailed activities)
- Document project plans, update project management reporting tools, and monitor that projects are on schedule and within budget
- Use appropriate communication tools, including but not limited to dashboard, risks and issues log and change control log, to ensure that project stakeholders are well informed of project status
- Monitor and report on project performance, including key activities/decisions required and interdependencies, and provide feedback, if necessary
- Work with project / work stream leads to build budgets and monitor actual vs. expected spend
- Acts as the primary resource for all project-related meeting agendas, minutes, and action items for team meetings.
- Receive and collect event applications and supporting documentation as required by relevant SOPs, including but not limited to congress and trade shows, advisory board meetings, speaker programs and market research
- Assess event application forms along with supporting documentation to determine completeness of the submission
- Route the submission to relevant committees for review and approval
- Collect comments from review / oversight committees and direct event initiator(s) in making any requested revisions
- Ensure that event initiator(s) incorporates the agreed-upon revisions
- Maintain accounting all approved events
- Partner with Booth Vendor on materials needed at large events
- Manage Booth Compliance training records
- Coordinate payments to vendors and/or HCPs with relevant Seqirus functions
- Ensure required agreements/contract are in place, i.e., consulting agreements, service agreements, Master Services Agreement, scope of work, task orders
- Coordinate vendor/account set up, i.e., account information, tax forms, bank information/wire transfers.
- Enter purchase requisitions and work with Procurement to raise purchase orders
- Work with Seqirus Accounts Payable, ensuring timely payments to vendors and HCPs
- Work with Sunshine Act lead to record and report HCP-related payments
- Maintain records of all TO/PO/MSA created and routed through the legal system
- Bachelor degree in business/marketing or science discipline
- 5 – 7+ years relevant commercial operations experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (SAP Preferred)
- Project management experience required; Ability to use project management software is required
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry (manufacturer or agency side) required, vaccine and/or influenza experience a plus