- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Business Management, Economics, Science, Liberal Arts or another analytical field
- Seven (7) years of experience as a cybersecurity officer/engineer, information systems security officer, or specialized expertise (or a combination thereof) in cyber policy, budget, audit, metrics, or training such that it meets the specific role being posted.
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity or IT Management
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Manager, Cybersecurity Analysis is responsible for identifying and remediating security threats. The incumbent designs defensive measures and monitor information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems and networks from threats.
- Executes a data analytics strategy based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework. This includes analyzing threat information from multiple sources, disciplines, and agencies across the Intelligence Community; Synthesizing and placing intelligence information in context; draws insights about the possible implications. Ensures threats and vulnerabilities are identified as early as possible and mitigated.
- Manages the development of cyber threat indicators (attacks and compromise) monitoring to maintain awareness of the status of the highly dynamic operating environment; Coordinates the collection, processes, analysis, and dissemination of cyber threat/warning assessments. Ensures vulnerabilities are identified as early as possible and mitigated.
- Oversees, evaluates and matures the intelligence of data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs) to analyze events that occur within the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)'s environments (on-premise and cloud) for the purposes of mitigating threats. Ensure vulnerabilities are identified as early as possible and mitigated.
- Manages the development of assessment plans and measures of performance/effectiveness. Conducts strategic and operational effectiveness assessments as required for cyber events. Determines whether systems performed as expected and provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness. Ensures WMATA has a properly managed cyber analysis framework.
- Manages the assimilation of data and information from analytics and intelligence to support the creation of dashboards which inform senior leaders regarding the security posture of the organization. Generates routine and urgent reports and action plans to support enhanced security procedures and response measures to ongoing or imminent threats. Ensures WMATA has a properly managed and reportable cyber threat intelligence awareness program.
- Manages the analysis of defensive and simulated offensive results, techniques used, and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats. Ensures vulnerabilities are identified as early as possible and mitigated.
- Manages the response to routine and urgent cybersecurity situations within the pertinent domain to mitigate immediate and potential cyber threats. Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as needed, to maximize safety, preservation of property, and information security. Investigates and analyzes all relevant incident response activities to ensure real-time cyber defense incident handling (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable Incident Response Teams (IRTs).
- Manages incident response support functions through technical activities that gather evidence on criminal or foreign intelligence entities to mitigate possible or real-time threats, protect against insider threats, sabotage, international terrorist activities, or to support other intelligence activities. Thoroughly investigates, analyzes, and responds to cyber incidents within the network environment or enclave in order to respond to attacks quickly and eliminate threats.
- Manages the consultation for the support program to establish relationships, between the incident response team and other groups, both internal (e.g., legal department) and external (e.g., law enforcement agencies, vendors, public relations professionals), so that the organization can respond to attacks quickly and eliminate threats.
- Manages the process to apply tactics, techniques, and procedures for a full range of investigative tools and processes to include, but not limited to, interviews, cyber surveillance, counter surveillance, and surveillance detection, and appropriately balances the benefits of intelligence gathering. Ensures vulnerabilities are identified as early as possible and mitigated.
- Manages the activities to produce timely, fused, all-source cyber operations intelligence and/or indications and warnings intelligence products (e.g., threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies, country studies). Analyzes collected information to identify vulnerabilities and potential for exploitation to ensure the reporting of all cyber events/activity are presented in a timely and actionable media; relevant to cyber intelligence and security best practices.
- Develops detailed intelligence plans to satisfy cyber operations requirements. Collaborates with cyber operations planners to identify, validate, and levy requirements for collection and analysis. Participates in targeting selection, validation, synchronization, and execution of cyber actions. Synchronizes intelligence activities to support organization objectives in cyberspace. Ensures the reporting of all cyber events/activity are presented in a timely and actionable media; relevant to cyber intelligence and security best practices.
- Manages the monitoring of all defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from internal and external threats. Takes appropriate action by reporting, remediating and/or providing preventive recommendations being the liaison between the security engineering and authorizing official (as needed). Ensures the analysis of the information (data) from various sources within the enterprise and recognize a possible security violation or threat.
- Manages the analysis to identify, collect, examine, and preserve evidence using controlled and documented analytical and investigative techniques. Manages the analysis of digital evidence and investigates computer security incidents to derive useful information in support of system/network vulnerability mitigation. Ensures forensically sound collection of images and inspect to discern possible mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.