The General® Insurance, also known as Permanent General Companies, Inc., is a growing company and a leading non-standard automobile insurance provider. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a Manager, Data Analytics.
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution,
wellness initiatives and much more!
The Data Analytics Manager will provide direction for a team to data analysts. They will ensure data accuracy and reporting by designing and creating process and procedures for analytics employees to follow. To do this they will need to understand both short term goals and long term business strategies of the organization. The manager bust also be familiar with both internal and external data sources and have the ability to create complex ad hoc reports using multiple data stores. The Manager will need to work with leaders across all departments to support and implement quality, data-driven decisions. They must have the ability to produce understandable and actionable reports. The Manager will also drive innovation within the team by applying creative approaches to ensure quality and leading edge reporting. The Manager will also mentor and develop the skills of Analyst across the organization to enhance their career development and build flexibility and productivity within the team.
- Perform people management functions to include, but not limited to: hire, coach, develop, motivate, train, evaluate, reward, discipline and terminate. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Identifies project milestones, timelines, review of deliverables, monitors progress and resolves issues and provides regular status reporting.
- Understands and prioritizes the business and information data requests across all departments.
- Tracks progress of work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Improve self-service reporting and analytics throughout the company by providing the business with the tools required, the training and expertise required to use the tools.
- Participate in corporate initiatives related to data management and data architecture.
- Reviews existing process and procedures to identify trends, cost reductions and to identify ways to increase operational efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned