Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Data Science Team serves as internal advanced analytics consultants to key functions across Hilton's business, bringing predictive and prescriptive analytics through Machine Language (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The team consists of data scientists, advanced analytics modelers, and data engineers, working closely with other Data & Analytics (DNA) teams, as well as Product Team partners.
Working with the Senior Director, Data Science, the Manager, Data Engineer, will directly influence the creation and delivery of advanced analytics modules and data science services in a big data environment. You will be responsible for serving as the main resource for defining and recommending analytics application architecture, data frameworks, database structures, as well as monitoring and addressing application and database performance, issues, and problems.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with business, technical and data science teams to capture, analyze and understand business requirements, translating activities and business objectives into analytical codes for application in a production scale environment.
- Architect, document, develop, code, and test advanced analytics models into scalable advanced analytics solutions in a big data environment.
- Partner collaboratively with other functional teams to access data elements, understanding the data being analyzed and identifying improvement opportunities for the data ingestion process.
- Facilitate and identify repeatable testing strategies for measuring results produced by analytics models.
- Supply visions and solutions regarding database storage and optimization.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers, who are passionate about data and who love to have the chance to build improvements to data management. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well organized, and an aggressive teammate willing to take ownership of responsibilities with a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and project management skills that give to leading multiple priorities, working well under time constraints and effectively handling concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across a variety of opinions
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience in software development/data engineering, data architecture, and/or data analytics
- One (1) year of hands-on experience in architecting, designing and implementing advanced analytics models, large-scale optimization, and machine learning algorithms for scalable production environments
- One (1) year of experience in a full life-cycle analytics code environment, including development, deployment, and maintenance efforts involving distributed data sets
- Expertise in one object-oriented language (preferably Python, Scala or Java)
- Strong SQL skills with some Unix Programming
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and relational databases
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing and Architecture
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- AWS Certifications
- Experience in resolving performance and data issues
- Experience in SQL/NoSQL platforms, job scheduling, data pipelines, Apache NiFi, KafKa and data warehousing technologies (Redshift)
- Exposure to information security, networking, and data governance
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!