SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Manager, Financial Reporting you will oversee all reporting and ensure all processes to facilitate reporting, including the subledgers. Make sure that all daily, weekly and monthly bank and account reconciliations, daily cash reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, account analysis and all subledger reconciliations are completed. Ensure that all Group Control (Geneva) reporting requirements for monthly financial reporting, post close requirements, and sustainability reporting are performed correctly and efficiently. You will be responsible for the accounting of the parent (holding) company including the allocation to the businesses as well as ensuring that the current accounting system, as well as any tools used by the North American Region, are maintained according to the Regional and local requirements.
- Completes of all the reporting requirements in the US including HFM, Sustainability, and post-closing requirements.
- Performs reconciliation and ensures any needed adjustments are performed for all cash accounts in the country, monthly and daily.
- Performs preliminary reconciliation of the subledgers during the close (2nd day of the close).
- Performs timely reconciliation (within 1 week after the end of each month) of all subledger accounts – Receivables, Payables and Fixed Assets.
- Managers Financial Reporting team: participates in hiring interviews and final candidate selection, trains and coaches employees, and conducts annual performance review.
- Oversees staff that are required to:
- Complete all IT and HR Financial support including processing of all IT invoices.
- Process and reconcile all corporate accounts including payment, allocation and accruals needed for these accounts including consolidated invoices.
- Accruals and other distribution of costs/payments required for the entire US such as corporate credit cards, consolidated benefits, and rebates.
- Completion of daily cash reconciliation, weekly loan reconciliations and all intercompany reconciliations monthly.
- Maintenance of the accounting system such as chart of accounts, allocations, statistical accounts and/or any enhancements required for the system including testing and reporting.
- Creation and maintenance of all US Fixed Assets including the roll forward of the account.
- Update financial reporting tools developed.
- Support of the subledgers and all its activities.
- Coordinates with the entire US Finance reporting teams of all requirements and ensures timely delivery and accurate delivery of such requirements including:
- Account analysis of all businesses as required by the US Controller
- General Ledger reporting, Subledger reporting
- HFM requirements
- Internal and external audits
- Follows internal controls and processes designed for the country including all processes involving the processes designated to Business Controllers of the US.
- Assist other Regional countries and verification of data
- Maintains confidentiality of figures or any financial data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 8+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience, including 3+ years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated background in financial reporting and intimate understanding of GAAP, including a proven track record of supervising day-to-day accounting operations and cash management
- Master’s Degree in Accounting in combination with experience listed above
Licenses / Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.