Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Government, Risk and Compliance. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
This leadership position within the Corporate Information Technology Cybersecurity (CIS) group is responsible for establishing and maintaining IT governance, managing the IT risk management function, change management, software testing and QA function, in addition to directing compliance activities in the various computing environments to be compliant with industry and contractual requirements. The incumbent of this position is responsible for generating Battelle’s IT policy and developing actionable processes and standards. The Manager, GRC will also collaborate with business units, targeting and ensuring compliance with Battelle policies.
- Manages policy and planning staff to deliver policy and process documentation, system security plans and associated artifacts. Implements and complies with IT and information security best practices and compliance frameworks (FISMA and DFARS).
- Reviews formal reports and directives of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and directs staff in messaging and content to ensure corporate alignment with initiatives. Prepares and/or presents written or oral reports to senior leadership, as required.
- Provides thought leadership in collaboration with CIT and Battelle Business Units to become an effective agent of change for IT.
- Provides experienced leadership to adopt and implement Battelle-wide policies and to help translate them into effective IT standards, processes, best-practices, and guidelines necessary for compliance.
- Provides leadership and guidance to software QA/testing leads to ensure the proper operation of the function, including completion and documentation of required testing as defined by system requirements.
- Oversees, and is primarily responsible for, the implementation, execution, and governance of the enterprise IT change management program.
- Directs the enterprise risk management function, driving maturity and reducing risk through the execution of our risk framework. Ensures reporting IT and information risk accurately reflects risk to the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree; eight years of IT security experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a related field.
- Direct experience with managing policy and compliance in FISMA environments.
- Experience with NIST security standards.
- Varied experience in the areas of policy and planning, security operations.
- Ability to hold a US Security Clearance at a Secret level (must obtain clearance within one year of invoking this requirement).
- Ability to operate with minimal guidance and direction.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities: interaction, communication, and collaboration.
- Ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with other departments/agencies to advance security goals on time and within constraints.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for interactions at all levels of the organization.
- Professional certification (e.g., CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP).
- Experience managing training and development, procurements, and generating and tracking operating budgets.
- Experience performing security assessments of third parties and the ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products or services.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers