Quest's Professional Laboratory Services team provides healthcare solutions for hospitals and healthcare systems including:
• Laboratory Management services to oversee the daily operations of hospital and health system laboratories
• Laboratory Supply Chain services to enable hospitals and health system to optimize their spend on laboratory equipment, supplies and reagents by leveraging their partnership with Quest Diagnostics
• Lab Test Utilization Management tools, to help organizations optimize their use of diagnostic lab services for the right test, for the right patient at the right time
Quest leverages a considerable set of unique assets to deliver differentiated solutions, including a tremendous clinical repository, relationships with half of the providers and hospitals in the United States, over 2000 patient service centers, more than 650 active EMR interfaces, and approximately 15,000 mobile care professionals. Quest's Big Data environment provides access to a clinical database that goes back to 2005, with an average of 150 million unique patient encounters per year.
The Hospital Lab Stewardship Advisor is responsible for growing the presence and success of the Laboratory Stewardship program to hospitals and health systems that utilize Quest’s Professional Lab Management services. In partnership with the Professional Lab Services team, this critical role will demonstrate Quest Diagnostics' commitment to ensuring patients receive the right test, at the right time, at the right point of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist hospital customers with the establishment of a Lab Stewardship program, including developing a Lab Stewardship committee with a charter, governance system, and regular cadence
• Facilitate discussions and presentations with customers for the purpose of educating them on best practices, test utilization opportunities, improvement of the customer's test menu, etc.
• Assist with implementation of Quest Lab Stewardship powered by hc1 Enterprise Solution at client site
• Provide client support to facilitate user adoption of Quest Lab Stewardship powered by hc1
• Enhance user experience of Quest Lab Stewardship powered by hc1 by identifying dashboard and reporting enhancements
• Assist hospital customers with identifying opportunities to reduce over-utilized lab testing by implementing effective, proven testing interventions
• Assist client with selection and implementation of third-party medical guidelines in the Quest Lab Stewardship powered by hc1 solution
• Create a formal report structure utilizing data from Quest Lab Stewardship powered by hc1 to share with stakeholders, with the goal of providing specific recommendations that improve the stakeholder's laboratory service.
• Conduct an annual send-out testing optimization assessment to identify reference testing that could be performed by Quest Diagnostics
• Identify and inform Professional Lab Services team of deeper partnership and professional services opportunities. Facilitate engagement as appropriate
• Partner with customer to identify gaps accessing, analyzing and using test utilization data, and provide associated recommendations
• Define actionable goals with customer utilizing specific recommendations to improve the stakeholder's laboratory service
• Develop and foster relationships across customer base, professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with trends in laboratory test utilization, reimbursement, Laboratory Information Systems and related technology, laboratory analytics, laboratory regulations and compliance, and other trends impacting laboratory services.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in health sciences or Advanced degree preferred.
• 7+ years hospital laboratory experience required; additional commercial laboratory experience a plus
• 5+ years of experience in project management, consulting and/or advisory services in the healthcare industry.
• Broad understanding of the laboratory business and its services
• In depth understanding of hospital operations
• Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mapping, Minitab) and knowledgeable on EHRs and major hospital LIS operations
• Six-Sigma and Program Management or equivalent training and certification preferred
• Results oriented and capable of working independently in the field
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, listening and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with both internal and external customers
• Proven ability to use basic consultative skills and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of engagements at any given time
• Excellent time management, project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Positive and proactive approach to dynamic environments
• Willingness to perform other duties as assigned with a positive attitude
• Demonstrate integrity and a commitment to values of Quest Diagnostics
• Excellent influencing/collaboration skills across many functions and levels
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop deep insights about customers and convert understanding of customer needs into recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
• Interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts
• Maintain composure under pressure
• Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
• Comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
• Use effective verbal communication
• Use effective written communication
• Make decisions